Minimalist


I love the subtle gradient from the white fog to the blue-green of the water. The red of the buoy creates a really interesting focal point, and adds to the ominousness of the photograph. It kind of reminds me of zombie movie/TV scenes where there's a heavy fog settled over a expanse of wasteland, and, one by one, a herd of infected appears through the veil as they advance forward.


This one makes me think of the 9/11 terrorist attack; A seemingly peaceful day and an average skyscraper. The lack of color creates a feeling of masked tension, like a geyser bubbling under the surface. The pattern of the windows against the faded, tie-dye pattern of the sky not only creates depth, but retains focus on the building.


I chose this photo because I really like the way the blocks are on different levels which creates a really interesting layering effect. The block in the foreground is completely level which gives it stability, as well as the nearly solid clouded sky in the background. It allows the mid-space to stay kind of chaotic. Plus, the boy jumping from block to block creates a path of movement for my eyes to follow.



Comments

Popular Posts